Sunday, August 14, 2016

Random Banter from a Sleep Deprived Fool

I haven't been creating much lately, so I thought I would do some writing.  Writing is something that I enjoy, but don't do nearly as much as I should.  I prefer my art as my way of expression.  I've been thinking about art and some of the decisions I've made pertaining to the business end of art.  That is the part I don't care for.  I don't show my art locally much anymore.  People in Northeast GA seem to think that having an art show is a good way of paying for a big party or a wine festival.  I've made enemies for taking a stand for art and have lost some friendships.  I will never regret being the one who says what everyone else is scared to, even if I know I'm on my own.

Now to the subject of art, I just spent a solid two weeks work on what I think may be my best piece yet.  I won't be unveiling it for a couple of months, but I really believe it's something special.  Now I have to get to work on show inventory for the coming months.  Time to step out into your world and hopefully introduce people to mine.

People tell me that my world is too weird.  Your world is a weird place to me now.  Looking at something that may open my world up to more people.  More on that at another time.

I was talking to a friend the other day.  The topic was politics and how people have become so hate filled.  Out of that discussion came this thought, that I'll end with...

  "Just keep being a light until either Jesus or the Mother Ship comes"


Art, Love, Perfect TV Hair

SamG

No comments:

Post a Comment