Monday, December 30, 2013

2013... A year of making changes, taking chances,

My New Year's Resolution for 2013 was to "Make Changes, Take Chances, and Shine Brightly." I think I may not have shined as brightly as I'd hoped, but it was largely in part to accomplishing the first two objectives.  I've made a lot of changes this year.  I relocated to the Northeast GA mountains, I basically left my hometown and everything familiar to continue chasing this crazy dream I have.  It has definitely had it's struggles, but thanks to God and great friends I've managed to make it through it.  Thanks to everyone for their support!

It's been a tough year as an artist.  The economy combined with the large amount of rain that washed out many of the shows made it tough for most everyone I know.  I'm looking at taking a new direction with my art.  I'm thinking I will probably not do as many shows this coming year.  I'm seriously burned out on them.  Want to focus more on doing better quality art, rather than a higher quantity needed to do shows on a regular basis.  Right now I'm taking some much needed time off, will start back making art in the next couple of weeks. 

Many of my close friends know some of the things that I've gone through in the past year.  I'm not going into those right now.  I've been at some of the lowest points in my life during the past year.  Where I'm sitting right this second, I don't think I could be any happier. 

My thoughts right now are something along these lines.... Life is a ride, you can either keep your eyes forward toward your destination, you can look out the window and enjoy the scenery as it passes you by, or you can roll that window down and stick your head out and really experience it... but you can also make stops along the way and enjoy it.... 

Thanks everybody for your support of SamG during the past year... 2014 is going to be magical.. I can feel it!!!!! 

Happy New Year Everyone..... Peace, Love, and Give Somebody a FREE HUG!!!! 



SamG 

2 comments:

  1. A good comment on life and our part in it! Glad it is a high point right now! I will continue to watch your posts and enjoy your art! Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to meeting you sometime soon, I can't wait to see what art is to come!!!!!! Sending Love and Creative Energy your way Sam!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete